In 2023 there are many steps you can take if your Gmail spam filter is not working.
Here is a list of steps you can take if you feel that your Gmail spam filter is not working effectively:
- Check your spam folder: Make sure that the emails you expect to see in your inbox are not ending up in the spam folder by mistake. You can check your spam folder by clicking on the “Spam” label on the left side of your Gmail page. If you find an email that you want to receive in your inbox, you can click the checkbox next to it and then click the “Not spam” button at the top of the page.
- Create filters: You can create filters in Gmail to automatically sort your incoming emails into different labels or folders based on certain criteria. For example, you can create a filter to automatically send all emails from a particular sender to a specific label. To create a filter, click the gear icon in the top right corner of your Gmail page and select “Settings,” then click the “Filters and blocked addresses” tab. Click the “Create a new filter” button and enter the criteria you want to use.
- Use the “Mark as spam” button: If you receive an email that you think is spam, you can click the “Report Spam” button at the top of the page to send it to your spam folder and help improve Gmail’s spam filter.
- Block senders: If you receive emails from a particular sender that you never want to see in your inbox, you can block them by clicking the “More” button at the top of the page and selecting “Block [sender’s name].”
- Check your blocked senders list: If you have accidentally blocked a legitimate sender, you can unblock them by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of your Gmail page and selecting “Settings,” then clicking the “Filters and blocked addresses” tab. You will see a list of blocked addresses; to unblock an address, click the “Unblock” button next to it.
- Use Gmail’s “Unsubscribe” feature: Many spam emails include an “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the message. If you click this link, it will take you to a page where you can unsubscribe from the sender’s email list. This can help reduce the amount of spam you receive.
- Use an antivirus and firewall: Make sure you have an antivirus program installed on your computer and a firewall enabled. This can help prevent malware and other malicious software from infecting your computer and sending spam emails from your account.
By following these steps, you can help improve the effectiveness of your Gmail spam filter and reduce the amount of spam you receive in your inbox.