How to make money on TikTok
If your content is unique, fun, and entertaining, you will absolutely have a high chance of getting making a lot of money on Tic Tok.
There are three main ways to make money from TikTok:
- earning money directly from TikTok through its Creator Fund for users.
- partnering with brands to post sponsored content
- selling your own merchandise via the platform
Table of Contents
How to make money on TikTok
- A. Creator Fund – “Views” bring in the Money
- B. Partnering with brands for Sponsored Post
- C . Selling your own merchandise on the Platform
- Other ways you can make money solely from TikTok:
A. Creator Fund – “Views” bring in the Money
TikTok appears more as a content distribution network, not your traditional social media network. Due to its rising popularity, getting more views and followers is becoming more difficult.
What are “views” on TikTok?
On TikTok, the very second your video is seen by someone and starts to play, it’s counted as a view.
If the video autoplay or loops, or a viewer comes back to watch it multiple times, those all count as new views.
There are three main ways to make money on TikTok:
1. earning money directly from TikTok through its Creator Fund for users.
2. partnering with brands to post sponsored content
3. selling your own merchandise via the platform
The Creator Fund in August 2020 by Tic Tok to offer payouts to the platform’s most popular and successful users.
There’s no standardized fee amount or payment plan (the amount available in the Creator Fund changes daily, apparently), but expect to make between $0.04 and $0.06 per 1,000 views updated in 2022.
To be eligible for TikTok Creator Fund payments, you need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 10,000 followers.
- Have had a minimum of 100,000 video views in the past 30 days.
- Be based in the US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, or Italy. (Sorry, Canada!)
- Your account needs to meet the TikTok Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
If that’s you, you can apply for the Creator Fund via the app. Go to Settings and Privacy, then Creator Tools, then TikTok Creator Fund. If you’re eligible, you’ll be prompted to enter your contact info and agree to the Creator Fund Agreement.
Its algorithm focuses more on content quality, engagement, and other similar metrics — not your number of followers.
1. Simple ways to Increase TikTok Views
, There are simple steps you can take now to optimize your content for the algorithm to promote and recognize your video.
- Use hashtags for all your videos posted.
- Making short videos for 30 seconds or less
- Pair it with trending special effects, and Tiktok sounds
- Posting at appropriate hours within a day
2. Use trending keywords and hashtags
Normally, choosing the right hashtag is a tough task to do. You have to do relevant research to know which hashtag will work the best for your video.
To get as many visitors as possible to your videos, you will have to check out the trending topics page often to see the current matters of the moment.
You can then join in the conversation if you have related content authentic to your brand. Some trends may seem silly, but according to one study, 61% of TikTok users said they like brands better when they view them participating in a TikTok trend.
People who follow the tag will be able to see your video and your video might just become trending. Also, if the challenge is trending..
Also, if the challenge is trending, your video too might get boosted increasing the number of views to it. Many influencers have grown this way and many people have started to earn through it. Be sure to use not only trending hashtags but also relevant ones.
Adding 2 to 3 hashtags is ideal.
• Do not keep using the same hashtag repetitively over and over again.
• It is ideal to use 1 popular, 1 less popular, and 1 hashtag relating to the sound.
• Before using any hashtag, you should check the number of views of it.
3. Promote your TikTok on other Social Media Platforms.
You can post your Tic Tok videos on other platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. You could direct users to your videos by letting your friends follow you on TikTok.
A more subtle approach would be to reshare your TikTok videos on those apps.
Posting on Facebook and Pinterest are great platforms to get more engagement and views.
On Pinterest, Tiktok videos can now be pinned and viewed. You can also post on Instagram. Share your Tiktok video on your Instagram Story. Tiktok videos are immensely popular on Pinterest, you can get more likes from there as well.
B. Partnering with brands for Sponsored Post
TikTok has a lot of potential for monetization.
TikTok announced New Advertising and Branded Content Partnership to include a brand and creator connection platform, which enables brands to find influencers in their niche who are open to working on business promotions.
This enabled sponsored ads which are paid ads to be featured on the platform. The sponsored ads are where a company pays TikTok content creators to advertise their product to their followers.
How much money can you make from a sponsored post on TikTok?
TikTok sponsorships are an open negotiation between you and the brand. You want more money, and the brand will try to get the cheapest advertising they can. Like most deals, you will have to negotiate wisely.
To give you an idea, content creators usually get $500-$1000 for a sponsored post. There are exceptions
How to connect with brands to sponsor you
Brands normally focus on their niche products or services. If for example most of your TikTok posts are about one particular subject, like caring for dogs. There may be dog food brands and leash manufacturers who want to tap into your pup-loving audience. Those companies may request your help. You could formalize a contract with the company for a certain number of posts about the toy in exchange for an agreed-upon amount of money.
You could also reach out to companies yourself and pitch an agreement like this, particularly if you’re already using and mentioning their products.
Tips for making money on TikTok through sponsorship
Find your niche
C . Selling your own merchandise on the Platform
Even though cannot sell directly on TikTok, you can find another platform online to set up an e-commerce store with your products. Popular platforms used are Etsy and Shopify.
Selling custom Apparel merchandise is a great way to monetize your TikTok audience.
Apparel is the most popular item of creator merch.
Some of the best-selling merch categories in order of popularity:
- Custom clothing (t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, hoodies, leggings, socks, etc.)
- Accessories (stickers, phone cases, etc.)
- Home goods and decor (wall art, mugs, etc.)
How to sell your Merchandise on Tik Tok
By TikTok Shopping
TikTok shopping is a way for creators to promote and sell their products on TikTok. This feature is only available to Shopify merchants with a TikTok business account. TikTok shopping can be used in the US and UK. Over time, it will hopefully be available in more countries worldwide.
TikTok Partnerships To Make selling Merchandise easier:
TikTok partnered with some e-commerce sites to make selling merch easier for creators using the platform. These partnerships include:
- Teespring: In September of 2020 TikTok partnered with the custom apparel platform Teespring. This allowed creators to create custom merch to sell directly through TikTok.
- Shopify: In October of 2020, TikTok partnered with the e-commerce platform Shopify. Users can create, run, and analyze TikTok content directly from their Shopify dashboard.
- Walmart: In December of 2020, TikTok partnered with Walmart. TikTok users can buy products featured in a Walmart Livestream without leaving the TikTok app.
- Small Gestures: In April of 2021, TikTok released the Small Gestures features. This allows users to send free, virtual gifts from several brand partners.
Other ways you can make money solely from TikTok:
- song promotions – record labels and music promoters often pay influencers to promote their artists’ songs
- collect virtual gifts and tips – you can earn extra revenue by creating content that your followers enjoy. TikTok has some useful tools (see above) to help you collect gifts and tips
- create in-feed ads – Use TikTok Ads Manager to promote your merchandise or any services you offer
- become a consultant – if you’re already making money from TikTok, new creators could hire you to offer tips and advice on how to get started